A Very Special Place
People call this a “very special place” for good reason. Thousands who have spent time here have found an atmosphere conducive to making them a better person. They may call it a respite, escape, peace or inspiration. It’s the transformation you experience when life’s distractions are pushed aside and your mind is refreshed and renewed. Our job is to make that transformation easy. Whether you are a huge youth group, a scrapbook club or corporate team leader, if outcomes matter, this is your very special place and our team is anxious to serve you.
- December 17, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- July 16, 2019
- June 18, 2019
- “This facility and its staff was very accommodating. The food is out of this world delicious and generous. This is our third weekend conference here and it only gets better.”
- “Each year our group looks forward to coming here in the spring and fall. While we come to craft, we really come for the fellowship, and the food. I love the remote and quiet location. I hope the future upgrades will include handicap considerations.”
- “We appreciate all that you do and all that you shared with our group.”
- “Wonderful retreat facility, nice staff, we love quilting in the country. The food is excellent!”
- “I like coming here because it is clean and the food is so good. The devotional on Sunday morning was good too.”
- “Wonderful facility. All meals were delicious. Enjoyed being here. Outside very calming and peaceful.”
- “You don't come to a place like this for the food, but I would come here just to eat!”
- “If you are looking for a beautiful quiet place to bring your group , this is the place. Great facility. The Pullen's are not employees, they are hosts! Pastor Alan met us at every need and turn and more, and Ms. Bonnie cooks the most delicious meals and serves them with such hospitality! Prices are . . .” Read More
- “Very nice place. Good food. Pastor Alan was very accommodating and provided me lactose/dairy free foods and kept my almond milk cold and available. Staff was extremely pleasant; just a nice bunch of folks.”
- “Great food and even greater people. Thank you!”
Welcome to the Gunter Camp & Conference Center!
Our 25-acre retreat center is located at 436 Fannie Crosby Dr. Batesburg, SC 29006; only 30 minutes west of Columbia, S.C. in rural Aiken County. It is owned and operated by the S. C. District Church of the Nazarene, and includes a dining and conference center, a tabernacle seating 800, dormitory and motel accommodations for 270, chapel, amphitheater, lake, ball field, swimming pool, and approximately 100 privately-owned cottages. We are members of the Nazarene Camping Association.
We offer our facilities for use not only by groups from the Church of the Nazarene but also by other similar faith communities in South Carolina and the surrounding area, as well as schools, businesses and other organizations for camps, retreats, reunions, and conferences.
We have hosted camp meetings, youth camps and children's camps, Hispanic weekend retreats, family reunions, and such organizations as Walk to Emmaus and Via de Cristo. Scrapbooking groups and quilters guilds have had weekend sessions with us, and we have had a variety of weekend retreats for many various groups.
We encourage you to browse through our Website. Whether your group is large or small; whether you have a day function, a weekend, or a week or more, we'll be happy to talk with you about how we can meet your needs.